*This post contains affiliate links, by clicking on the link and making a purchase I may be compensated.
For all you busy mom teachers, or just busy people in general. Crockpot meals are a life saver, and this slow cooker chili will not disappoint! I’m a big fan of meal prepping every Sunday for our lunches for the week. It saves us time and money (not to mention saved stress). I love to try new recipes and create my own as well.
I can remember growing up (and even now) my mom always asking my dad, “what else did you put in this” referring to whatever food he made. My Dad, like me, likes to be adventurous and change things up. Sometimes I would agree with my mom and my Dad’s concoctions didn’t work out. I would definitely say I’m more like my dad.
This week’s menu for our lunch is slow cooker chili. I got the original recipe from my mom but I changed it up just a little bit.
Make your life easier and get these:
- 1lb ground beef (I like to use grassfed)
- 1 large can of tomato juice
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp of garlic (fresh)
- 1 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tbls. chili powder
- 2 cans of chili beans
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1/2 c. brown rice (the real deal, not minute rice)
Top with cheese and crackers or tortilla chips
- Brown your ground beef and drain it.
- Place a crockpot liner in your crockpot to make life a little easier.
- Add ground beef, onion, corn, beans, rice, all spices into the pot and mix them together.
- Add tomato juice to mixture until thinned out
- Put the top and and let it cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Let me know how you meal prep for the week! Do you love the slow cooker as much as me? I’ve been dreaming about the Instapot as well. Hopefully I’ll get my hands on one soon!