Starting out as a photographer? Already a pro? Join us on the 10 day challenge to push yourself creatively!
Whether you’re a pro photographer, a starting out photographer, or someone who just enjoys taking pretty pictures and posting them to instagram, this challenge is for you!
I created this challenge so that we could all practice our photography skills through creative angles and perspectives. I’m super excited for this 10 day challenge and I hope you’ll join in with me! Don’t forget to share on instagram and use the hashtag #forthejoyphotochallenge
“To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” -Elliott Erwitt
Follow along with capturing these 10 things:
1.Self portrait – take a picture of yourself and introduce yourself! Even though we live in the day and age of the selfie sometimes we just need to capture and believe in the beauty that we have. Everybody is beautiful, don’t let anybody tell you you’re not! Plus, we want to meet you so we can build community with you!
2. Morning beverage– snap a picture of your coffee or tea
3. Breakfast– my favorite meal of the day! Play with the angles/perspective and capture your morning breakfast
4. Favorite Place in House– snap a picture of your favorite place in your house
5. Something that makes you smile– let this be an inspiration to find something to smile about today, capture whatever it is that makes you smile.
6. Styled Image– grab a few of your favorite items, style them on a pretty background and create your own styled stock image
7. Movement– capture something with movement
8. Nature– get inspired by something in nature and capture it, think about composition, lighting, and angle
9. Laughter– capture laughter whether that be you or someone else’s laughter
10. Inspiration– capture something that inspires you and share it with us!
I believe in pushing yourself to improve your skills. I also believe in cupcakes for breakfast but I digress!
As a photographer, I believe in capturing the beauty in all things and being inspired by the small everyday details that surround us.
I created this challenge so we could push ourselves in creating beautiful images, even though these 10 things may seem small – if you get outside your normal photographing zone and try something new each day you’ll learn something new!
Lay flat on the floor, stand on a chair, or balance on your head (all you yogis) — to capture the simple in a unique way, just be creatively you!
I can’t wait to see what you create! Lets all follow along on instagram and use the hashtag #forthejoyphotochallenge