You love everything fashion related. You are fashionable. You can go into a clothes shop and pick a key piece for the season and style it in three different ways, and all in the blink of an eye. You would never miss Fashion Week and you know every designer going. Fashion is in your blood and you literally live, breathe and sleep fashion. However, your day to day job is not fashion related. You are fed-up of your mundane job and crave a job in the fashion world. How can you find the perfect fashion job? Make it! Here are five fantastic business ideas for fashionistas.
1) Start a fashion blog. Sharing your love for everything fashion on a blog will show the fashion world that you know what you are talking about. If you are lucky you may even secure some invites to New York and London Fashion Week. If your blog does well then you may even find that you are able to turn your blog into a business and make money from it! Your blog also acts as your portfolio and could help you secure work in the future.
2) Start a fashion magazine. Perhaps you have a successful fashion blog that you want to turn into a print magazine. Selling ad space will help fund your magazine. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/make-money-selling-advertising-space-magazine-25899.html explains how you can sell add space. If you don’t want to have lots of ads in your magazine then you could consider startupbusinessloans.co, they will be able to help you find the best financial deal that works for you.
3) Photo stylist. A photo stylist will work with photographers to find good shoot locations, help get clothes to shoots and generally ensure that the fashion shoot runs without a hitch. They are a “Jack of all trades” and will need to remain calm under pressure and generally have an unflappable nature. They also need to be extremely fashion savvy, have a good understanding of fashion history and know where to source products from.
4) Fashion illustrator. Are you good at drawing? If the answer is yes, then this role could be for you. A fashion illustrator will use computer design packages, pencils, and even pastels to create designs that express the ideas of the fashion designer. Freelance fashion illustrator is a good idea for those starting out. Get a website to sell your services and make sure you are also very visible on social media so that you can promote your work.
5) Personal Stylist. Do you love shopping? A personal stylist is a role that is very much in demand. You could set up your very own personal shopping service and get paid to shop. You will be able share your love for fashion and inspire others with your fashion choices. You will need to be an attentive listener and a people person.
These are just some ideas for those looking to move into fashion. There are many, many more ideas. Would you like to work in fashion or can you think of another role that would suit a fashionista?