Today I turn 25, Happy Birthday to me!
In honor of my 25th, I could not help but do a birthday shoot, you only turn 25 once! My amazing friend Stefanie from Frazelle Photography and Design captured these cupcake filled photos and she did a wonderful job, don’t you agree?!
As I think about this past year, how my time was spent, what goals I reached, and all the blessings I’ve received I can’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude. I brought in the 24th year as a newlywed and I am leaving 24 a year into marriage and 23.5 weeks pregnant with our little blessing baby.
It amazes me every year how much changes in 365 days. It seems like only yesterday I graduated college and moved to Texas but that was already 3 years ago!
This past year has been full of learning how to be a wife — adjusting to life change as priorities shifted from me to us, transitioning to a third grade teacher, 13 weeks of morning sickness ALL DAY SICKNESS, and trying to keep my head above water with our crazy schedules. It’s been a challenging year but also a year that has taught me a lot.
10 Things the 24th Year Taught me:
- Relax, you’re only 25, you don’t have to conquer the world by 30
- Enjoy the small things (cups of coffee and quiet moments)
- Pick your battles – both in marriage and the classroom
- Choose joy everyday and when you can’t seem to find it, PRAY
- It’s okay to hide under your covers when you can’t adult and cupcakes help
- Be GRATEFUL for everything, for everything is a gift from God
- Even when it seems like everything you’re doing in your teaching career is being undone by those in charge, know that you are working for the LORD GOD, not people and YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL
- Never be afraid of following God’s will for your life, even when others in your life disagree
- Speak life into others on a daily basis
- Making time for your friends in adult life is hard with crazy schedules, but investing in relationships is the best investment
I’ll be spending my day enjoying cupcakes, friendship, love, and lots of laughter! Go enjoy a cupcake in honor of me, you know you wanna!